RBA is a national digital and technology consultancy with a team of specialists that combine expertise in strategy, design and technology to close the gap between ideas and results. We believe the best, most complete solutions fuse the modern digital experience with proven technology engineering to seamlessly deliver end-to-end solutions for our clients. We are looking for passionate people who share that belief and have a desire to grow in a fun, entrepreneurial culture that offers the right combination of challenging, innovative projects, professional development and generous financial rewards.
Discipline Manager - Software, Data and Quality Engineering
As a Discipline Manager of our Software, Data and Quality Engineering Discipline, you will be responsible for your team's ability to service and deliver successful outcomes for RBA’s clients. You will act as a bridge between your team and executive leadership, mentor and develop individuals within the discipline, translate RBA strategies and goals into operational plans, responsible for P&L and be accountable for your teams performance
If that sounds like something you are interested in, here is a bit more about the role:
Team management and development
- You will be responsible for managing a team of software engineers, data engineers, and quality assurance analysts, which includes creating employee performance and development plans, establishing team rhythm meetings, and prioritizing employee projects and deliverables. Your team’s performance and their quality of workmanship falls on your shoulders and having a solid understanding of each employee’s strengths and abilities is paramount to your success.
- You will develop and build upon existing best practices to tailor and implement specific methodologies while continuously improving performance and productivity of your discipline. The ability to foster and develop you team will ensure success in your role.
- You will work with our business development team to assist with RFI and RFP responses, statements of work input, change requests, speaking and blogging opportunities, and other marketing related activities.
- Knowledge and experience with industry leading technologies and platforms such as Sitecore, Microsoft Azure, Office 365 and Dynamics 365 a plus.
Business Development support
- Manage morale of software development organization. Create and communicate employee performance evaluations and development plans. Ensure consistency in all compensation actions for organization.
- Manage a team of software development professionals and external consultants to design enterprise class software products.
- Tailor and implement software development methodologies, best practices, and standard work to achieve the highest product quality while continuously improving performance and the productivity of the organization.
- Lead team rhythm meetings to provide updates on performance and upcoming team events or activities. Facilitate individual or small group meetings to help build relationships with team members and provide guidance or feedback.
- Responsible to support Sales and Pre-sales activities as necessary. This includes assisting directly or indirectly with pre-sales activities including RFI/RFP responses, Statement of Work input, Change Requests, speaking/blogging opportunities, and other sales/marketing related activities.
- Work with team to develop a library of material to assist with efficient responses to commonly asked questions or sales opportunity needs.
- Prioritize, direct and appraise the activities of development managers, principal engineers, technical architects and developers.
- Prioritize and manage resource allocation for the products based on changing business priorities and budget constraints.
- Define, deploy, and drive sustainable and repeatable process improvements through the entire software development lifecycle.
- In conjunction with the product managers, develop and maintain product roadmaps and work with software developers to map technical requirements into platform roadmaps
Keep Exploring RBA.
Our individual’s unique skills and experience allow successful collaboration around our client’s problems. If you are still not ready to apply, no worries. Feel free to explore more about RBA and let us know if you have any questions.